Shipping Clerk-Material Handler
Scope and Reporting Structure:
The Shipping Clerk, under the direction of the shift supervisor reviews orders, prepares products for shipment, loads and unloads trucks, verifies incoming product counts, routes products for proper shipping methods, maintains inventory and performs cycle counts to ensure products are available for shipment.
- Reviews schedule for products needed and stages the line as required.
- Inspects shipments for correct counts, labels, packaging and crating.
- Prepares bills of lading and other required forms.
- Receives and verifies incoming product shipments, unloads trucks and stores parts and products.
- Routes products for proper shipment, to insure accurate, timely and cost-effective transport.
- Communicates with sales and customer service about the status of, or requirements for shipment.
- Maintains inventory of all shipping materials, packaging materials, paper products
- Primary operator of all fork trucks.
- Performs daily preventative maintenance on all fork trucks.
- As required
Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and an approved fork truck operator’s license.
Other Required Skills:
- Should possess good oral and written communication skills.
Working hours: 2:00 p.m. – 12 a.m. Monday through Thursday.
Starting $13.00 / hour based on experience
- Health / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
- 401k with match