Production Line Supervisor and Reporting Structure:
The Production Line Supervisor, under the direction of the Operations Manager, plans, organizes and supervises the production process. Additionally, this position is responsible for opening and/or closing the facility, monitoring quality control, safety and productivity.
- Organizing, coordinating and supervising the daily production schedule. Adjusting line parameters to best utilize time and available staff.
- Monitoring and supervising any value added or batch work within the facility.
- Plans and organizes preparations for future production, including but not limited to, tooling, staff and consumables.
- Completes all necessary records to insure proper billing, rework or scrap.
- Monitors performance of quality control tests and makes necessary corrections as required.
- Determines when racks and fixtures are to be stripped.
- Advises maintenance and upper management of all required repairs.
- Organizes and supervises daily housekeeping and clean up schedules. Ensures compliance with all safety rules and procedures.
- Works with the Office Manager in maintaining employee record keeping and reporting duties such as attendance, discipline and vacation scheduling to ensure compliance with company policies.
- May be required to train production personnel in the use of tools and equipment.
- May be required to monitor and adjust wash system when needed.
- May be required to monitor and report quality control issues.
- Assists in the development of new processes and procedures as required.
- May be responsible to help develop corrective actions when applicable to his/her area of expertise or responsibility.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates Degree in a Related Business Discipline preferred or a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
Other Required Skills:
- Must have excellent communication skills: oral and written. Must be computer literate and strong math skills are a plus. Experience in the powder coating industry is desirable but not required.
- Full-Time, 40 hours, Monday through Friday.
- Health /Dental /Vision Insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
- 401k with match